Structure?

Jan 4, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Edited Jan 4, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Well iv written my own vfs for a project so i was wondering what structure are you going to use? i know your just planning this but just must have some idea how the result will look like?

what i mean are you going to use a few interfaces and if what will they contain?

Jan 4, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Hi there

You can find the alpha bits in the downloads section, which contains a few early bits of the VFS core. I'm currently in the midst of writing the resource locking subsystem (in order to properly handle concurrent read/write requests) and will release an update later this week.

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Is there any way to extend all loaded "File systems" lets say i want to add the ability that when browsing all rar files appears if they where unpacked?

May 3, 2010 at 3:44 PM
This is currently not planned because I'd rather see that feature in a client than as part of VFS. So lets say you have a file browser which encounters a ZIP file. In case the user double-clicks that file, the client could initialize a ZIPProvider which then allows browsing of the ZIP file. Cheers, Philipp